OOFILE User's Manual
You should start here to learn how to use the OOFILE suite (after
Installing the software).
As you can see, there are a variety of sub-sections stemming from this page.
Each of the pages listed below represent a cluster of information that generally
belongs together. Within each cluster the pages are in order but most of the
clusters themselves tend to be seperate from one another. Below is a contents
list with a basic desription of the information they are likely to contain.
You may either read these clusters consecutively or jump to whatever page you
choose. The only advice you should need is that the first two clusters contain
the basic information about how to define your database and tables, so it may be
useful to know this at the start of your journey :)
- Setting up your Database
- Explains the basic operations needed in setting up your database ->
defining, declaring tables, connection etc.
- Table declaration
- Explains how to create the table classes for your database (this was
deemed important enough to split off from the section on database
- Basic data operations
- Adding, copying and deleting data from your tables.
- Basic Table Operations
- Searching, sorting and navigating the database.
- How to output your database (or parts therof) and also how to use input
streams to put data into your database. Includes dbViews, creating your own
error messages and viewing the schema of your database.
- More topics
- Everything else
- Graphical user interfaces OOFILE-style.
- Creating graphs.
- Creating reports either simple or in html format (including as a table).
- Some common errors that occur frequently.
(c) Copyright A.D. Software 1994-2000 (All Rights Reserved).
Last Updated: 9th September 2001